Friday, December 24, 2010

A Little Tale for Christmas Eve

It’s Christmas Eve! And I’m happy for two reasons:
1. I really like Christmas
2. My computer is fixed
Also here’s a fun story: I found a FREE TV
That’s right, while I was out riding my bike I stumbled upon this beauty:

Ain’t it gorgeous? I impulsively decided that this TV was something I needed in my life more than any item I had ever seen. I rang the doorbell of the house it was in front of and inquired if they were indeed throwing away this lovely television set, if it still worked, and if so could I take it off there hands? They answered yes on all accounts.
Unfortunately I couldn’t carry it and ride my bike at the same time, so I ended up doing this:
Step One: Ride bike ten feet.
Step Two: Go back and pick up TV.
Step Three: Carry TV ten feet.
Step Four: Repeat steps one through three for seven blocks.
It was a long and egregious journey, but at last I got the television home, plugged it in…
…and discovered that the damn thing wouldn’t even turn on.
I must have broken it while I was carrying it home.
Or maybe the original owners lied about it being functional to punish me for bothering them about their garbage on Christmas Eve.

Oh well. I at least I got some exercise carrying that TV home and then kicking it to the curb.

Happy Christmas!

1 comment: